Here are today’s five food finds about Blueberries:
- Blueberries are one of the only natural foods that are truly blue in color.
- The pale, powder-like protective coating on the skin of blueberries is called “bloom.”
- A blueberry extract diet improves balance, coordination, and short-term memory in aging rats.
- Blueberries are the official berries of Nova Scotia, Canada.
- The anthocyanin present in blueberries is good for eyesight.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1789The most famous mutiny in history took place on the English ship,‘Bounty’, against Captain William Bligh. The ship was sailing to Tahiti to bring back breadfruit trees.
1796 ‘American Cookery’by Amelia Simmons is published in Hartford. It is the first cookbook written by an American. This is one of the classic cookbooks that can be found on the Food Reference Website.
View original post 157 more words